YEARS OF CRIMINAL DEFENCE EXPERIENCE
AVAILABILITY AND CLIENT SUPPORT
Experienced Toronto Murder Defence Lawyer
If you have been arrested for Murder in Toronto, Ontario contact a well versed Toronto Defence Lawyer before you speak to the police.
Murder is one of the most serious charges in Canada and includes Homicide, first-degree murder, second-degree murder and manslaughter, each carrying severe jail sentences and potentially long periods of engagement with the court systems. If you have been arrested for a murder charge you need a lawyer who can defend you and obtain the best possible outcome. Your lawyer is your sole representative during this trying and most serious time working for you to obtain fair trial standards and possibly bail.
What is a Homicide?
Homicide: Homicide is the general term for murder. It encompasses every type of murder and refers to the taking of life, either indirectly or directly.
In Canada Homicide is divided into three subcategories which reflect level of fault:
- First Degree Murder: a planned and deliberate murder or a murder of a peace officer or a murder that has happened during the course of a hijacking, sexual assault, sexual assault with a weapon, aggravated assault, kidnapping, forcible confinement, hostage-taking, terrorism, intimidation.
- Second Degree Murder: if each and every requirement of first-degree murder is not met, the murder will be referred to as second-degree murder.
- Manslaughter: Any homicide which does have a responsible or at-fault party but was committed without intent. Manslaughter is divided into several categories with the most common types of manslaughter being ‘unlawful act manslaughter’ and ‘criminal negligence causing death’.
- Unlawful Act Manslaughter: An unlawful act that leads to the death of another person.
- Criminal Negligence Causing Death: when death occurs as a result of negligent behaviour and when death or bodily harm was a foreseeable consequence of this behaviour.
If you have been charged with a crime in The Toronto or Greater Toronto Area and need an Experienced Toronto Criminal Defence Lawyer to keep you informed and fight for your rights,
Request A Consultation
Jeff Reisman works hard for his clients. I highly recommend him if you’ve been charged with a criminal offence.
Jeffrey is as shrewd as they come, He cares about your freedom and overall outcome. Court is no joke and I feel most comfortable with Jeffrey on my side.
I hired Jeff after arrested for impaired driving/and over .80. He was accessible and always answered his phone when I had questions. He eventually had my case reduced so I didn’t have to undergo a year licence suspension. Hope I never go through this again but if I did would definitely hire him again.
Thanks for everything Jeff, Since the day I hired you, You took all my tensions and got me out of this charge.I hope I will not have to go through this again, but in case if it happened, blindly, you will be the first person to contact.
He is a great lawyer. He never let me down. Trust him. Fallow his lead you will get whatever result you want to get. Thank you Jeffrey.
Jeff represented me on a assault charge and achieved the best possible result through his vast network of connections with prosecutors and courts. I would highly recommend him!
Jeffrey Reisman is an amazing lawyer. He really helped me through my criminal case. He answer all my questions and concerns anytime I needed him. He definitely went over and beyond what was asked/needed. I would highly recommend him. I am forever grateful he made a bad experience much easier to deal with!
Jeffrey services are outstanding. Highly recommend.
Excellent lawyer. I recommend him for youth cases. He comforted us for the situation and did not give us any hassle. Got us the result we were looking for. Trust me he is good and caring.
I would recommend Jeffrey Reisman for anyone who is looking for a confident and trustworthy lawyer who really cares about his clients. He helped me through my entire case and got me a great deal. I was very pleased with his work and attitude. I highly recommend Jeffrey for any criminal case.