Murder, Homicide And Manslaughter Defence
If you have been arrested for Murder in Toronto, Ontario contact a well versed Toronto Defence Lawyer before you speak to police!
Murder is one of the most serious charges in Canada and includes Homicide, first degree murder, second-degree murder and manslaughter, each carrying severe jail sentences and potentially long periods of engagement with the court systems. If you have been arrested for a murder charge you need a lawyer who can defend you and obtain the best possible outcome. Your lawyer is your sole representative during this trying and most serious time working for you to obtain fair trial standards and possibly bail.
Homicide: Homicide is the general term for murder. It encompasses every type of murder and refers to the taking of a life either indirectly or directly.
In Canada Homicide is divided into three subcategories which reflect level of fault:
- First Degree Murder: a planned and deliberate murder or a murder of a peace officer or a murder that has happened during the course of a hijacking, sexual assault, sexual assault with a weapon, aggravated assault, kidnapping, forcible confinement, hostage taking, terrorism, intimidation.
- Second Degree Murder: if each and every requirement of a first degree murder is not met, the murder will be referred to as second degree murder.
- Manslaughter: Any homicide which does have a responsible or at fault party but was committed without intent. Manslaughter is divided into several categories with the most common being Unlawful Act Manslaughter and Criminal Negligence Causing Death.
- Unlawful Act Manslaughter: An unlawful act that leads to the death of another person.
- Criminal Negligence Causing Death: when death occurs as a result of negligent behaviour and when death or bodily harm was a foreseeable consequence of this behaviour.
If you have been charged with a crime in The Toronto or Greater Toronto Area and need an Experienced Toronto Criminal Defence Lawyer to keep you informed and fight for your rights,
Contact Jeffrey Reisman directly at 647.351.HELP or 647.351.4357